Scholarships / Financial Aid
Hard copies of some scholarships are available in the Guidance Office.
Other scholarships are listed below under 'Related Links'
Navigating the Financial Aid Process:
Please see this presentation developed by the SUNY system on successfully navigating the Financial Aid process.
Our college-bound students and their families are encouraged to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid - the FAFSA.
Visit the Start Here, Get There campaign to help navigate the process.
WHERE TO FIND SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- "Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship
For students that are interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college
- "Aspiring Animation Professional" Scholarship Program
For students that are interested in pursuing an animation career path at an accredited post-secondary school or college
- "Aspiring Fashion Professional" Scholarship
For students pursuing a Fashion related major at an accredited post-secondary school or college
- Aspiring Nurse Scholarship
For students who are interested in pursuing a college education in nursing
- AXA Achievement Scholarship
Students who demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities
- Crosslites Scholarship
Write a reflective essay (400-600 words) based on one of Dr. Parker’s quotes or messages
- Disabled Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
- Gananda Dollars for Scholars
- Healthcare Nursing Scholarship
For students who are accepted to or currently attending a nursing or medical related program
- Sallie Mae
- Rochester Area Community Foundation's Scholarships
Link to website with more than 130 scholarship opportunities.
- United Energy Workers Healthcare EEOICPA Scholarship
For students looking to pursue a career in home healthcare.
List of Scholarships and Additional Searches
- Washington Crossing Foundation Scholarship-Career in Government Service
For senior students who are planning careers in government service
- Newcomer Funeral Service Group - For students interested in pursuing a degree in mortuary science. All online applications (transcripts, recommendations and essay) should be submitted by October 25, 2019. Scholarships awarded December 2019.
- SONS of the American Revolution
For high school students - George S. and Stella M. Knight Essay Contest. Contest rules and contact info. in Guidance.
- 2019 Profile in Courage Essay Contest
For high school students. Contest topic -describe and analyze an act of political courage by a US elected official who served during or after 1917, the year of JFK's birth.
- Section V Scholarship Application
Scholarship Opportunity for Seniors
- Golden Apple Scholarship
For students looking to pursue a career in teaching)
- GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program - For Seniors who demonstrate Leadership,Drive,Integrity, Citizenship
- Reliant Credit Union - Must be a Reliant member. Application Deadline is February 14, 2020 for the Donald K. Rhine Scholarships available for Seniors -, NYCUA Rochester Chapter Scholarship, NYCUA Statewide Scholarship Program, Deadline is February 28, 2020.
- Student Scholarships.org - Scholarship programs available to New York students
- Petroske Riezenman & Meyers Divorce Scholarship - Available to all high school seniors and current college students with special consideration to those with divorced parents, or have gone through a divorce themselves. Due December 31, 2019
- Wells Fargo Scholarship Program for People with Disabilities - Deadline to apply December 6, 2019. Be a high school senior who plans to enroll full-time or half-time (at least 6 credits per term) undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2020-2021 academic year. Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
- Polish Heritage Society Scholarship- $4000.00 Scholarship Award - Applications in the Guidance office. For seniors of Polish Descent. Deadline is February 1, 2020
- Rochester Oratorical Application - Oratorical Contest on Ethics using Rotary's Four-Way test. Deadline December 1, 2019
- 2019 https://www.jamesponton.com/practices/car-accidents/#scholarship- For Seniors. $1000.00 Scholarship. Deadline July 31, 2020. More information on their website.
- https://www.get-it-straight.com/community/scholarship-program Get It Straight Scholarship - $500.00 scholarship - Scholarship will be awarded to any patient who donates their time in any area of community serve. Student must be a current or previous patient of Get-It-Straight who underwent orthodontic treatment in the Pittsford, Palmyra, Greece or Gananda location.
- 2019 El Dabe Ritter Scholarship - $1500.00 scholarship available to any senior, deadline June 30, 2020.
- 2020 AGRICULTURAL YOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS -2020 graduating High School Seniors who will continue their education to prepare for a career in some way connected to the diverse agricultural industry. More information on their website. A $1000.00,$1500.00 and $2000.00 will be awarded. Must be postmarked by March 1st.
- ESL Federal Credit Union Scholarship - For Seniors - $2000.00 scholarship - Applications are in the Guidance office, in ESL branches and online. Applications are due March 2, 2020.
- AIR FORCE ROTC HSSP Scholarship (Deadline January 17th) - Can help pay for student's college if accepted.
- Coca-Cola Foundation Scholarship -The application will open on our website in August of 2020 for students who will be high school seniors at that time. They offer college scholarships to exceptional high school students dedicated to leadership, service, and action that positively affects others.
- Joseph and Lorraine Finley Scholarship - awarded to 4 Walworth resident graduating seniors each year. $1750 award. The award is renewable for up to 4 years and $7000. Applications are due May 1st.
- Fireman's Association of the state of New York Scholarships- For Seniors- 25 $1500.00 Scholarships. The awards recognize exemplary members of the youth fire service who also contribute to their communities. Deadline is March 15, 2020.
- PB&J Scholarship Fund -Awards college bound senior students who have experienced challenges in their life that may not have allowed them to perform well academically but still have the drive to succeed. Amount $500.00 - $1000.00.
- American Welding Scholarship - The application deadline for National, District, and most Section Scholarships is March 1st. Students complete one master application for all eligible scholarships. Apply online today at scholarship.aws.org.
- Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship - provides scholarships up to $5,000 per year, to fill gaps for veterans and the spouses of disabled veterans after military benefits and other grants and scholarships have been utilized. Scholarships are renewable each year, to help recipients focus on completing their degrees.The deadline to apply is February 28. Wells Fargo’s emergency grant program helps veterans already enrolled in post secondary education meet their household expenses when faced with unexpected financial setbacks. Ranging up to $1,000, these immediate, one-time grants are designed to keep recipients in school without creating undue financial hardship.
- New York Water Environmental Association - Offering scholarships for seniors interested in pursuing an environmental major in college. Deadline February 28, 2020.
- Gananda Rotary Scholarship - $500.00 Scholarship. Application application available on-line and in the Guidance Office. For seniors planning to attend a 2 or 4 year college or vocational school. Completed application deadline is May 1, 2020. You may email it to Ganandarotary@aol.com or postmarked by May 1, 2020:Gananda Rotary, PO Box 238, Macedon NY 14502
- Eisenhower College Alumni Association Scholarship - For seniors who plan to continue their studies in a liberal arts program at a 2 or 4 year college. Deadline June 1, 2020.
- FLCC Scholarships - Deadline April 14, 2020. Scholarship eligibility criteria varies and can include community service, county of residence, and the subject a student intends to study. Some scholarships have no specific criteria – all students who apply are eligible.Scholarship amounts vary with most around $1,000.
- "Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship
www.FAFSA.gov - Online application and information on Federal Student Financial Aid
www.finaid.org - Complete the financial aid estimator
www.fafsa4caster.ed.gov - Estimates your eligibility for federal student aid
www.fastweb.com - Input your information and have matching scholarships emailed to you
www.meritaid.com - Comprehensive directory of merit scholarships